Taranaki Adult Literacy Services is a not-for-profit organisation whose aim is quality provision of adult basic education.
- We provide learning assistance to people with literacy, numeracy and learning problems at no cost to the learner.
- We assist students with literacy problems to pass the New Zealand Learner Licence test.
- We encourage our students to formulate their own goals and fulfil their potential.
- We train tutors and match them to those in need of learning assistance.
- We respect the individuals desire for confidentiality.
- We consider that literacy is a basic human right of all New Zealanders regardless of age, race, disability, religious affiliation or political persuasion
Taranaki Adult Literacy Services is committed to:
- providing literacy assistance which addresses individual needs
- building on each learner's knowledge and experience
- enabling learners to gain confidence and skills to be independent citizens
- providing 1 to 1 and group learning opportunities
- offering a confidential service
- quality training of all tutors
- giving ongoing support to tutors and providing ongoing professional development opportunities
- working with community groups and organisations to provide Adult and Community Education opportunities in Taranaki